Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Living Nativity



The North Pole, (in Pickton,Texas)-- hosts a really neat light show, train ride and living nativity every year as a ministry to share the gospel and true meaning of Christmas with any and all who come to visit. It's a neat place, hosted by neat people- complete with free hot chocolate and a treat for all. For the past few years, the Newsom's have been a part of the large group of people that volunteer to assist in the nightly living nativity scene and this year-- it worked out that we could join in the fun also. Although I must admit that I was not initially excited about dressing up, standing out in the cold weather for several hours and being in the nativity scene myself.....I will now say that my attitude was wrong and it turned out to be a ton of fun and I was very blessed by participating in this event as a family. All of our children LOVED it also!!! Thanks Mommommy and Poppy for inviting us to join you......I'm glad we did! So here are some photos of our family in the living nativity scene.......




No comments: